Thursday, October 26, 2023

Dynamic Cow Duo

Two years ago, Gina [not her real name] emailed me, saying she knew this was an odd question to ask out of the blue, but that she'd heard rumors . . . might I own a cow costume that she could borrow?  I was the Associate Dean of the Faculty at the time, dealing with many weighty and fraught questions, so you can appreciate how very much I loved getting an email with this kind of a light-hearted question.   I was even more delighted to be able to respond, "No: I have two cow costumes!!"

Fast forward to this year; my college has a "Spirit Week" (that is largely ignored/unobserved, even by me, I admit).  One of the week's events, however, is to buddy up with a friend and dress as your favorite dynamic duo.  

So I emailed Gina:  
Next Thursday, would you like to be a dynamic cow duo with me?  Maybe not all day, but at least long enough for a photo we could post to instagram . . . ?

And hence:

Dynamic Cow Duo.  Voila.

And to continue the love, Gina's son is dressing as an animal for Halloween; she's keeping the costume I loaned her for another week so that they can go animaling together on the big day.  Udderly fantastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Update, somewhere in January

By now, I'm kind of losing track of which day is which . . . ironic, because of spending so much time on and off of train tracks.  So I&...