Tuesday, October 24, 2023

What the trees near me are doing now

I don't think I'd ever noticed before how the leaves on a tree turn from green to some other color, but a tree we walk by every day kinda got all in my face with it.  It's a very show-off-y tree, not that I mind.


This tree, as we walked past it, seemed to have gilt leaves,
like old books whose pages are gold-gilt around their edges.

A closer inspection made it even easier to see the 
gold-gilt edges of these beautiful leaves.

A week later, the gold is creeping inward.
But slowly.

I'm very much enjoying this slow-moving movie, with its cinematic fade from one state to the next.  We haven't gotten to the cliff hanger yet!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had the chance to visit for a bit, and I'm in the same movie with my new berry bushes. Not much is going on but I check on them each day and see their colors change a little, and a few more leaves drop.

    My comments editor ate your comment some while back and I just rescued it!

    ReplyDelete

Update, somewhere in January

By now, I'm kind of losing track of which day is which . . . ironic, because of spending so much time on and off of train tracks.  So I&...