Saturday, November 12, 2022

Enough update, with shopping and dog-colored stairs

Life continues to be rich and full here in Enoughsville.  This particular week has been full of grading midterms (boring news! but glad they're done, and my students didn't crash and burn like on the first midterm, so I'm content).  So I'll add that the other thing this week has been full of is shopping and stores, a very unusual theme for me. 

Nelson got two new sweatshirts that he was happy to show us.  (The other one is similar, but red and black, he tells us). 

I asked: 
"Do you have any with the words frontwards?
 ?sdrawtnorf sdrow eht htiw yna evah uoy oD"

OfSnough, off in France, sent back something like a gazillion photos of stores he'd seen.  Here's a picture of one of my favorites.
I would like to go in this store
and just stand still and breathe.

How lovely to be in a different part of the world
surrounded by so many ways to see the world. 
I'm enthralled.

I'm guessing other stores captivated him even more.  Perhaps this was one of his particular happy places.  

A motorcycle thing. 
With other motorcycle-appropriate accessory things.

Did I actually go in a store this week?  Actually, yes, I did.  I bought a gallon of paint for our front stairs.  Photos of the stairs will come eventually; for now, I'll just say that the stairs match the dog, a kind of happy coincidence, because she loves hanging out on the front porch.

My guy sent a photo of three Parisian dogs that look a lot like Prewash.  Are they stunt doubles?  (Rather, stunt triples?)

Three dogs on the sidewalk, 
where my dog is not supposed to go without me.

Why would Prewash need stunt doubles (or triples), you ask?  Well that's another story that happened this week:  Let me cut to the end of the story and say . . . she's fine.  Really, she's great.  Having said that, I'll go back to the beginning.

Prewash loves hanging out on our front porch and is amazingly good at staying put up there, not running away.  But lately, she's decided every once in a while to sneak down the stairs to the sidewalk instead of heading back into the house with me when I go inside. That's what she tried last Saturday.   I followed her down the stairs to reprimand her, and she ran away from me: she darted between two parked cars and then into the road where she got body-slammed by a car coming down the road.

The car whacked her but good, and she went flying and rolling across the road.  I was sure I was watching my dog die . . . but she got up, looked at me, and ran with her tail between her legs right back up on the porch, apologizing for disobeying me and promising never to go astray ever again.  The driver of the car stopped and got out, and I went to give the driver a big hug and to reassure her and to apologize for letting my dog out -- we two humans were both really shook up, but it was clear that Prewash was physically okay (albeit also a bit spooked, understandably).  

Prewash has since had a full week of vigorous and happy activity, with no obvious side effects aside from a small bruise on one leg that has since cleared up.  So, I'm extra grateful for her health and happiness this week.   She and my calculus students have survived ordeals this week, and are thriving despite them.

And now my husband is back home cooking me dinner, and I'm getting ready to go put one more coat of dog-colored paint on the front stairs.  Life is good.  That's the news from our family, which continues to be wealthy (and fortunately, healthy) in our adventures.  May you and yours be similarly prosperous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update, somewhere in January

By now, I'm kind of losing track of which day is which . . . ironic, because of spending so much time on and off of train tracks.  So I&...