Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Walking (etc) with a friend

Wednesday, July 6 at 3:14, I was walking with a friend. The weather was hot enough that she asked if we could walk indoors, so we did many laps around the track. She is a colleague as well as a friend, so of course we were spending much time deconstructing my recent time in the administration and the circumstances of my leaving, and also the general mood among the faculty.


As is often the case when we're passing through hard times, there come a silver lining, – or in my case, even perhaps a shiny golden rainbow-glitter-sparkly lining – which is having friends come out of of the margins of my life back into the center of it. I have lunches, brunches, and coffee meetings decorating my schedule, like ornaments hanging off a Christmas tree. Each one of those makes me very happy. It was good to be walking with my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update, somewhere in January

By now, I'm kind of losing track of which day is which . . . ironic, because of spending so much time on and off of train tracks.  So I&...