Thursday, July 14, 2022

editorializing

Thursday, July 7 at 3:14, I was learning the ins and outs of an editorial manager system. I've been appointed to the editorial board of a kick-butt journal, which I'm both very excited and very nervous about. I'm excited because I get to hang out with a bunch of amazingly cool people – the other editors – and also because, as I said, this is a kick-butt journal, and it's incredibly gratifying to be part of it.

I'm nervous because all-of-a-sudden I get to be one of the people making decisions about other people's papers, which indirectly, means making decisions that affect other people's lives. Somebody has to, and now those authors and those readers out there have me. I hope I do a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update, somewhere in January

By now, I'm kind of losing track of which day is which . . . ironic, because of spending so much time on and off of train tracks.  So I&...