Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Tuesday July 5 at 3:14: I was lost in a storeroom

I'm not exactly sure what I was doing Tuesday July 5 at 3:14, because I was having so much fun cleaning up a storage room. This is a space in our college house that's used for storing art supplies, games, house clothing, forks knives, cops, decorations … the list goes on and on. 

As often happens when you have a space that's used as storage space by many people, it gets really cluttered and really disorganized. The clutter is compounded by the fact that there are things one person puts in there that nobody else feels like they have the power to get rid of.  And the disorganization comes from people putting things in hastily, followed by boxes blocking other boxes, followed by it being so hard to get to the space where you're supposed to put things, or even identify the space where you're supposed to put things, that things just get piled on top of, or inside of, or on the opposite side of the room from, other things.

The administrator I'm working with is out taking care of an ill family member, but told me that she really wanted to get this space organized and cleaned up.  I assured her with utterly honest delight, that I was On The Job. I have been having so much fun putting like things together, organizing the heck out of stuff, labeling boxes clearly, and getting rid of random things we no longer need. I am totally in my element doing this, which is why I don't know exactly what I was doing at 3:14, but I'm sure but I'm sure it was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update, somewhere in January

By now, I'm kind of losing track of which day is which . . . ironic, because of spending so much time on and off of train tracks.  So I&...