Saturday, March 5, 2022

More than enough photos, in this update

Life continues to be rich and full here in Enoughsville.  I'm particularly rich in photos this week, partly because Nelson returned to the East Coast from far-off places.  He, OfSnough, and Inkling have headed off to New York City, and they have been sending us so, so many pictures.  How many?  SO many.  I've actually tried to gather most (but not all) of the pictures into clumps.  

Inkling got to see four Broadway shows!   Her socks came to at least one of them.

Nelson got to see so many stores!  And he bought shoes!  (Takes after his dad!)

And then Inkling and Nelson got together in front of a show, AND inside a store, one with socks.  

Nelson and OfSnough send about a gazillion pictures of views from the Staten Island Ferry and from inside a museum with planes and scary objects (the Intrepid Museum).


Inkling sent pictures of views from the street: a sculpture that looks like knitting, 
and some superheroes.  

Regarding that superhero, a vigorous back-and-forth conversation ensued.  
Inkling: "(I said no )"
Sizzling:  "Disliked “(I said no )”"
Nelson:  "Imma pray for you Sizz"
Inkling: "He doesn't know my name! That's no basis for a relationship 😆"
Sizzling: "Batmobile!"
Inkling: "I saw no evidence of the batmobile 😢"
Sizzling: "Oh then pass 😉"
Gosling: "You guys are funny"

Gosling had her own fabulous adventures.  She was on TV; there's a great (4-minute) interview with her here, about the book she wrote about Amelia the dog, and about adopting older dogs.  You can see her tripod dog gamely bopping along in the background.


And in the "awww, so cute" category of the week, take a gander at this:
Backstory, from Kinderling: 
A-child chose her vocabulary word for tomorrow to be bioluminescent... so she wanted to be a bioluminescent jellyfish.  
I'm not disappointed 🤣😅

I didn't take any pictures this week, myself alas.  (Anyone want a picture of email triage?  Hmm . . . maybe it's a good thing I didn't take pictures).   But with or without pictures, Prewash and I got to have fun together on campus midweek; my campus had a "Day Of Giving", with (because of the initials for that day) a Dog show.  She showed off her many tricks admirably, but the popularity vote nonetheless went to a pair of tiny poodles in pink leather jackets.  The organizer wrote me, "I'm so happy you participated! If it were up to me, Prewash would have won. Such great tricks and so well trained!!"   Fortunately, I have to say, she's taking the loss pretty well, and doesn't seem discouraged at all.  

I've also had a few snippets of text message from Jason (who says, "I'm glad [Nelson]'s come home to see you and ik I have to come see you I've been missing you mom 💕").  And I've had some WhatsApp chats with Xavier, in Haiti, who tells me things are bad but God is in control.  Honestly, I can't imagine.  

I guess, all-in-all, I feel like I've had a week that is in one way very much all-by-myself, but in another way very much surrounded by my kids whom I love very much.  And that's the news from our family, which continues to be rich in photos and texts.  May you and yours be similarly prosperous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update, somewhere in January

By now, I'm kind of losing track of which day is which . . . ironic, because of spending so much time on and off of train tracks.  So I&...