Saturday, November 18, 2023

Golden days update

 Life continues to be rich and full here in Enoughsville.  There is gold all around us -- golden sunshine, good-as-gold friendships, and even gold growing on the trees.  The maple tree that I'd seen with leaves that looked gilt around the edges has gone full-on sparkly.

So cheery!

Even the cherry tree outside my bedroom window has gotten in on the action.



I got to spend an afternoon with my middle grandkid -- Bchild -- who loved walking Prewash through the park, where we realized that the dog matches the leaves.
She's wearing my jacket, with the sleeves rolled
WAYYYY up.  It almost fits her, right?

I'm very much enjoying running with my running buddies in the mornings.  Last week, I had to miss a Saturday run because of a math conference.  The most regular runner in our little group did the four miles by herself in the morning, and then had her baby in the afternoon.  Wowsers!  This week, she didn't show up for the run, so the rest of us managed to get in our miles without her.  We did not have a baby in the afternoon, though.  
Welcome to the world, little one!

A different kind of running -- running out -- is happening in the Little Farm Library.  Last week's cow book is now gone, as were a few more of the cow bean bags I'd made, so the barn was empty this morning. 

I've restocked it with the last two of the 47 cow bean bags I'd made; I guess I have to get cracking on making some more!

This week saw the four-year anniversary of Kinderling and David.   Different family members celebrated the occasion in different ways.  

Kinderling:  Thanks everyone!!! We celebrated by being child free and playing a few rounds of laser tag and ending at a rooftop restaurant for a fun dessert:)


Me: Laser tag anniversary! I love it! Ofsnough and I celebrated your anniversary by going grocery shopping (Amish Natural Food Store) together, and getting 130 pounds of stuff that will go in the basement.



Nelson:  I celebrated your anniversary by raking and dumping leaves at work today

Sizzling:  Did everyone hear Nelson said "AT WORK" though?? His 2nd day!

Kinderling:  Yay, Nelson!!!! where are you working?!

Nelson: Im working for a local tree leave snow removal service

OfSnough:  Nelson works for the BRANCH office....

Nelson: 😂😂😂

So, for Nelson, it looks like gold is growing on the trees in yet another sense.   And that's the news from our family, which continues to be wealthy in our adventures.  May you and yours be similarly prosperous.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Update, somewhere in January

By now, I'm kind of losing track of which day is which . . . ironic, because of spending so much time on and off of train tracks.  So I&...