Tuesday, October 17, 2023

. . . and the morning lights come on | A rundown

Now that the sunlight is becoming scarcer, I'm waking up in the dark to meet up with my running buddy several times a week.  I don't like turning on bright lights in the morning if I'm just going to go outside into darkness again, so a series of small nightlights (which, in this case, ought rather to be called "morning lights") illuminate my way.

Let me introduce my little lights to you!  First, in my running-clothes closet:

A quirky lantern given to me by my dad one Christmas. 
It turns on when you pat it on the head.
He gave one to each of me and my sisters, and my sister surreptitiously
passed me hers when I told her I actually like it, so I have two of these.

Next, in the bathroom.
A plug-in LED light, motion sensing, a gift from my sister.
She also gave one to Nelson, who doesn't need it, so I snagged his
and put the second one in the living room. 
(I'm sensing a snagging theme here).

I like the bathroom light so much, that I tried to figure out how to get a similar one for our stair landing.  Here's what I've come up with so far:

Our stairs don't have an outlet, or I'd install a plug-in
like the one my sister gave me (above).
Instead, this is a battery operated, motion-sensing, LED light.
It seems to be quite a battery hog, though, and keeps burning
out, so I don't really recommend this type.

In my husband's closet, there's a motion-sensing light that I gave him (I guess as an antidote to snagging other people's gifts).  I don't actually go into his closet as part of my own morning routine, but we both like this light enough that I thought I'd include it in this run-down [heh; run down]. 

It hangs by an attached hook (so no tape or screws), 
and it recharges by using an USB port, so no batteries.

There are more and more things in my life that recharge (like this little closet light) from a USB port, and the more of these I find, the more I hope I can move away from those batteries with their letters and numbers.  AA, AAA, 9V, I'm ready for a future without you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update, somewhere in January

By now, I'm kind of losing track of which day is which . . . ironic, because of spending so much time on and off of train tracks.  So I&...