Saturday, June 11, 2022

Enoughsville update: photos galore

 Life continues to be rich and full in Enoughsville.  This week I'm particularly rich in photos (some with stories) that people are sending me.  Here we go, in age order. 

OfSnough:

Rome, like Jerusalem, is historic in every direction. 
There are arches without hamburgers, forums without people,
colosseums without sports teams, and even the sewer lids are historic.
I also reset my Garmin steps per day record at 37,698 or 19.5 miles.  
Tomorrow I will go to the Vatican. 
Wednesday Ostia. 
Cliff and I will see Top Gun sometime during the trip. Probably in Germany where we can see it in English without subtitles. He's not sure about in Denmark.
We can see it in Kendig Square when I get back.
Speaking of $2 (2 Euros) when I arrived here I realized I packed so light that I had only one short-sleeved t-shirt, which I was wearing. Outside the train station was a flea market. I got two t-shirts for 2 Euros each. 
I love you.
I hope Prewash is okay. 
Today I had a meeting on the phone with a PR person from Razom.  she would like me to volunteer for the Razom PR group when I return from the trip. 
She told me about volunteering in Warsaw with a huge operation for feeding refugees and gave me contact info. So after Cliff and I get back from Scandinavia, I will spend a few days volunteering to feed refugees.

Me:  I've been trying to pause at 3:14 each day to stop and pay attention to what is actually happening at that very moment.  Last Saturday at 3:14, I was walking the dog, delivering invitations to a party that I'd be hosting, and I walked right by the rose garden where we'd be having that party.



From Gosling:
In OBX and taking in the sunset

Anyone have a shell fish craving 😉

Hard shell crab? Dad hope you continue to enjoy my beach puns

Inkling documented the party I'd planned: our annual Purple Dress Dinner (that I instigated so I'd have an excuse to wear my $1 yard-sale purchased purple dress, of course).





From Sizzling:
I biked for the first time in a few years today!

She also gave us a map showing she'd gone 22.66 miles.  Gosling noted, "While I don't have a pic of it, I too did some biking for the first time in prob over a decade at the beach. Def didn't ride as far as you Sizz, but it's like riding a bike, you don't forget lol"
Me to Sizzling
"Good thing you stopped when you did.
 Two feet further on, and it would have been a biathlon."

Kinderling hosted a bus-themed birthday party for B-child.   I love the dress she's wearing, which is made from fabric with cars and buses.  It reminds me so much of a shirt my sister wore that she loved.  (The dress, like the shirt, was made by a grandmother).  



Jason visited the beach with his foster family.  His foster mom says, "We had a lot of fun at the shore."



Nelson is out of tech contact, mostly.   I've been making photo books for him, and found an app called Colorscape that can turn a photo into a coloring page, like these two below.   I think I'm going to have fun making a collection for him.




Prewash didn't take photos or send me photos, but one of her fans made a picture of her.

Amazing likeness!
We've gotten the results back from her lab (heh) tests and ultrasounds, and the doc says, "The culture was positive for a bacterial organism staff Aureus. So I would recommend getting on some medication. The amoxicillin that she was put on previous is resistant to this organism. So I definitely getting you a different medication."   We'll give her more pills (which she loves, because they come with more peanut butter) and retest her.  The good news is, she's acting like her old self, with lots of energy.  Not that the pictures show the energy, I realize.

"Not sure that the portrait captures my good side."


And that's our family in photos. Phew!  We've clearly been rich in our adventures, and hope that you and yours are similarly prosperous.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Update, somewhere in January

By now, I'm kind of losing track of which day is which . . . ironic, because of spending so much time on and off of train tracks.  So I&...