Saturday, May 7, 2022

May showers

Life continues to be rich and full and Enoughsville.  Here's what we're full of lately:  rain.  April showers brought May showers (and May flowers, too, but, oh, those showers).

View from my window: flowers and showers, simultaneously.

One of my running buddies and I did a 10k today, in the 50° rain.  Once we got going, it was actually kind of nice running weather, but dang, neither of us would have showed up if she hadn't offered to drive me there, and if I hadn't enthusiastically accepted.  

Instant triathlon:  just add water!  

Speaking of going distances, I got to celebrate Inkling's birthday by giving a talk in Panama.  (It was a zoom talk from the comfort of my Command Center, but it was hosted by folks in Panama, so THAT was very cool.)  

Also for Inkling's birthday, a colleague gave me a bunch of her shoes, and apologized that maybe I wouldn't like them: I didn't have to keep them; I could give them away or donate them if they weren't my style (etc etc).  I'm not sure why people apologize for giving me really nice things, because I love being part of the keeping-things-out-of-the-landfill cycle.  This colleague happens to have (a) really fancy taste in clothes, as in she know the names of her clothes, and (b) exactly the same sized feet as me.  This is a double windfall for me, since I happen to have a yard-sale body but do not have yard-sale-sized feet.   I was starting to wear out all my decent walk-around shoes, seeing as the last bunch I got several years before the pandemic.  And now, I'm set with a bunch of nice new shoes, which is a great birthday present -- even if it was my daughter's birthday and not mine. 

Inkling turned 10000 [base 2] this year!  (Base 2 always makes people sound really old.  In base 7, she's only 44, if that makes you feel better).  She's out of sock madness, as predicted/planned, and also happily sad that the director of her community chorus got a wonderful job that will take him away from the chorus.  Good for him, but sad for the chorus.  

My guy managed to clear the rain clouds earlier this week for his own birthday, which he celebrated by riding one kilometer for each year of his life so far, which means he rode . . . a long, long way!  He didn't ride all the way to Panama, but it was a good workout nonetheless.  

Nelson tells me he's getting over a cold, and is generally happy.  He very much appreciates all that his sister Sizzling is doing to keep him finding new opportunities in Minnesota.  I think I need to figure out how to go visit him and see for myself.  

And that's the news from our family, which continues to be wealthy in our adventures and who has enough rain thank you very much.  May you and yours be similarly prosperous.  

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Update, somewhere in January

By now, I'm kind of losing track of which day is which . . . ironic, because of spending so much time on and off of train tracks.  So I&...