Saturday, May 21, 2022

List-style updates

Life has been more-than-enough of rich and full these past two weeks, here in Enoughsville.  Here, in whirlwind-style list form, are some of the highlights:
  • My running buddy's daughter tested positive for Covid, so we've stayed apart so I could keep myself healthy for the show I've been working on all year.
  • I did a Fitness Blender workout one Wednesday morning, since I couldn't run with my buddy, and I got so wiped in the middle of it I was nearly nauseous.  
  • Then I remembered that two days before, on Monday, I'd given blood.  Oh, yeah, maybe not the best idea to do a hard workout two days later.  (I'm fine now.)
  • But that positive test from my daughter's running buddy: that's part of a larger trend.  People all over my campus are testing positive . . . I'm getting updates daily from people who are needing to isolate.  Oh, sheesh. Fortunately, the worst health effect they're experiencing (these vacc-ed, boosted people) is really bad headaches.  But I'm back to masking in public, for sure.
  • Including at Commencement at my college.
  • Including when we went indoors to use the restrooms at Commencement for Kinderling (yay, Kinderling!!!!!!!). 
Congrats, Kinderling!!!
  • Speaking of being outdoors a bunch, summer has rolled in for real.  I've pulled the heavy blankets off the bed, and switched winter clothes for summer clothes.  Screens go on the doors tomorrow!!
  • OfSnough celebrated the two-year anniversary of the resolution to walk 40 miles per week, and he's still doing it: going strong.  
  • Inkling got to see a bunch of cool shows in NYC.  She took her socks, of course.  
  • Sizzling got to visit my sister-in-law, and they have photographic proof of being together.
  • Jason got a puppy named "Indi".   Awwww!
  • Nelson has a friend named Brendon, and they hosted a lemonade stand that raised $62.
  • Birds moved into the pillars on our porch.  Anyone know what kind of birds these are?


But the really big thing for me . . . the REALLY BIG THING . . . is that we put on our show.  I've been writing lyrics and dialog, recruiting people, figuring out stage stuff and tech stuff, making props, commissioning posters, holding rehearsals,  etc -- this has been something like 8 hours a week for me for the past semester, on top of my other work.  It has been so much fun doing rehearsals with so many people across campus . . . and then Wednesday, WE DID IT!  We put the show on for an AUDIENCE.  And it was fabulous.  We had a great audience, and so much laughter and cheering (before, during, and after).  

 
And so now, now that the show is over, now I feel like summer has actually begun.

And that's a bunch of the news from our family, which continues to be wealthy in our adventures.  May you and yours be similarly prosperous.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! Y wrote to me to say they were turtle doves, which made me think, "It's not even the second day of Christmas". So I looked them up on line . . . they're similar, but I think you're right.

      Delete

Update, somewhere in January

By now, I'm kind of losing track of which day is which . . . ironic, because of spending so much time on and off of train tracks.  So I&...