Thursday, April 27, 2023

Peep show (Pirates, Monsters, Javelins, and Mario)

A little over a year ago, I wandered into our Registrar's office to ask about something deanly, or maybe just to gossip, and they greeted me excitedly with, "Are you here to see the Peeps?".  I had no idea what they were talking about, but when someone asks me a question like that I say "yes", because it's clear that excitement and novelty await just around the corner.  Plus, our registrars happen to be fun-loving and funny people who always make me feel good, so when they're bubbling over with happiness about something I don't mind getting some of those bubbles on myself.

It turns out, they'd each made a diorama featuring marshmallow peeps (what my sister used to call "marshmallow yucks").  There was an orchestra of peeps wearing little tuxedos and playing instruments; there was an outdoor camping scene with peeps in tents or huddled around a campfire roasting little marshmallows (wait: is that cannibalism?).   I loved it, and told them I wanted in.

Fast forward to this year: I co-opted our usual September Pirate Cake into a Pirate peep display.

One poor peep waking the plank.

On the left, a shark eating a peep;
on the right, X marks the spot of buried treasure.

See the peep with a hook? Also peep in the crow's nest?

A former registrar who now works in Institutional Research loves traveling to Scotland, and so her PeepORama is perfectly fitting for her fave travel spot.

"Beware the Peep Ness Monster"

The monster rises from the Loch!

And another awesome Peeperator got a lot of advice from one of her student workers, who loves track and field:

High jump peepsters, hurdlers, and 
shot-put (shot-peep?) in the background. 



Also, long jumpers and javelin peepsters!

And another got much help from her kids (and sculpy) to create a different kind of peep games.



Mario, I presume?

Now I'm seeing peeporama opportunities everywhere I look.  What'll I do next year?  Astronauts?  Math class?  Peep rodeo?  

I'll take suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update, somewhere in January

By now, I'm kind of losing track of which day is which . . . ironic, because of spending so much time on and off of train tracks.  So I&...