Sunday, October 23, 2022

hasty update, with a trash can

 Life continues to be rich and full here in Enoughsville.  This past weekend was family/alumni weekend at my college; between that and TWO theater events I went to, my weekend hours got gobbled up, so this will be a bit of a hasty, canned update.  

Speaking of cans, here's our trash can at the curb.   My guy took this photo and sent it to me, saying it feels like a scary photo.  Scary, because Halloween and dark, but also because this is trash can #2 for 2022.  

Ahhh!  A garbage can at the curb!!

Also scary:  aliens abducting cows.   Yes, we live in this kind of dangerous neighborhood. 


Not quite as scary, but still impressive:  the tree outside my office looks like exploding fireworks.

Not really exploding, but it kind of looks like it.
  
Here's an update from Inking, who read last week's letter about animals, and added her own adventures to the story.  

I also had some animal adventures last week. I went up to Rhinebeck (aka the New York Sheep and Wool Festival!) I saw sheep and goats and llamas and people and yarn! (I know that last thing isn't an animal, but it's *from* animals).

It was a fantastic trip!πŸ˜€ 

I won't send you all the pictures, just the animals and one of my newly finished sweater. (Yay! I finished my Rhinebeck Sweater in time! And the weather was cool enough that I could wear it!)

I had an absolute blast seeing friends and strangers and yarn celebrities! 

 

Keeping an eye out for aliens who might abduct us.


On Wednesday (before I left for Rhinebeck) I went to see Kinky Boots again. I sat in the front row and played one of my favorite games: Be The Most Excited Person in the Audience! It's like your airport game. The cast did notice and appreciate my energy, so that was a success!πŸ‘


Back to me:  Since I'm all tied up in work these days, I thought I might also share a photo of Prewash getting entangled in her engagements.  

Last but not least, a bit of cheerful mathematics, courtesy of a visit from Achild (who was one of my theater partners for one of my two shows this week).  


And that's a very quick update (if you can even call it that) from our family, which continues to be wealthy in our adventures.  May you and yours enjoy exploding fire trees, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update, somewhere in January

By now, I'm kind of losing track of which day is which . . . ironic, because of spending so much time on and off of train tracks.  So I&...