Saturday, August 13, 2022

More motorcycles, less hair

 Life continues to be rich and full here in Enoughsville.  Or, perhaps this week I should say rich and empty, since there are three things I usually have a lot of, but that I had much less of this week:

  1. Heat and humidity. The weather broke and the temperature in the house is now 15 degrees cooler than at the beginning of the week.
  2. Exercise buddies.  Every single one of my running and biking friends went AWOL on me this week, and so I didn't run or bike even once.  This is, like, a new PR for me, in a backwards sort of way.  
  3. My hair.  I finally had enough of it hanging around my neck and going all wispy/fried around my ears, so I took the trimmers and my sewing scissors into the bathroom with me, and I emerged a shorn woman. 



I warned several of my children, but not all of them.  Apologies to all the kiddoes I blindsided.  Neslon was one of these.  After he recovered from his shock (with the help of his siblings), Nelson pinged me, to say:  "Got to take some pictures with some of the performers last night at a concert metro Hope put on". 
I wonder if they need a drummer?

I don't often get to see a ballgame, and this week I didn't get to see one again, although this week I didn't see a ballgame in a much more active fashion.  Inkling had tickets to a game and invited me, but a late afternoon shower left the field so soggy that the 6:30 start -- which we showed up for -- was delayed quietly to 7:30.  We did get to see the players warming up, which was lots of fun, and then we saw dark clouds roll in, and then we got out our umbrellas and walked home.  It was one of the more enjoyable ways to not see a game (although I would have been happy to see it, had it actually happened).  

Ofsnough has moved from packing little IFAKs (Individual First Aid Kits) to packing large medic kits that are so heavy he can't move them.  He got a haircut, too, but it wasn't as dramatic a change.

Sizzling has been touring up and down the East Coast, and so she got to visit my sister-in-law, who sent me an email with the subject line, "Family news letter", and containing this update:  "Inkling's and K’s peregrination brought them through North Conway, NH.  We were able to spend some quality time together and enjoy a nice dinner, good conversation …and desserts. 😋"
Looks sweet and sweeter!

Sizzling and her fiancé visited here briefly, also, and we got photos of them on their motorcycle that has a larger engine than our Prius.  


My own motorcycle -- or rather, the motorcycle that I helped Xavier buy in Haiti -- has a smaller engine, but I love it anyway, because I'm hoping this will help him support himself and his mom.  Cross fingers!  


It's been a long, long time since I've heard from Jason.  The last time I spoke with him, he was deep in existential quandaries, trying to figure out the meaning of life in general and of his life in particular.  He'd been thinking about moving, or about taking up boxing again, or both.  I've reached out once or twice since then, leaving messages and encouragement.  Last night, he finally left a message on OfSnough's Facebook page.  Rather than summarize what he wrote, I'll just reproduce his update in its entirety.  He wrote,

Yo

So, that's the news from Jason.  

And, in fact, that's the news from our family, which continues to be wealthy in our adventures.  May you and yours be similarly prosperous, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update, somewhere in January

By now, I'm kind of losing track of which day is which . . . ironic, because of spending so much time on and off of train tracks.  So I&...