Saturday, June 18, 2022

Family update, with blue zombie fingers

Life continues to be rich and full in Enoughsville. This week, I was lucky enough to find a time that I could gather three generations together to go hang out among cherry trees. Together, we picked about 25 or 30 quarts of cherries on a very-hot-but-beautiful Friday afternoon.

Neither Inkling nor Kinderling wanted to be in the cherry picking photo; they stood side-by-side and each snapped a shot. I think this makes the pair of photos below stereographic projection; with the right glasses, if you stare at this hard enough, would it look 3-D?


A few years ago, I discovered a wonderful pitter that hooks up to canning jars (everything is wonderful if it coordinates with canning jars, of course), and so I spent Friday evening listening to podcasts about memory and attention, pitting cherries, and staining my fingers the kind of blue that would make them be perfect in a zombie horror film.

Ofsnough is not pitting cherries, but he is having a wonderful time visiting various ATMs in Europe. (Actually, I'm sure he's visiting more than ATMs, but since I don't have Facebook I just check how he's doing by visiting our bank's website.)  He called me Thursday and filled me in on what he's up to. My hastily handwritten notes say "Frankfurt – small death camp -- laundromat -- Top Gun -- big death camp -- Copenhagen".   The "Laundromat" reference in this list refers to the fact that he can tell that life is returning to some kind of post-Covid normal, because he sees Americans as well as Europeans in laundromats.

My sister-in-law appreciated last week's photos and sent a few more of a visit that she paid to Gosling.  


Jeannie: Frank and I are driving back to NH via Virginia. Pick one.

Me: Thank you for these! Good looking people, I must say!

Jeannie:  Nothing wrong with your eyesight my dear Sister in Law

And, in the realms of "what was I doing at 3:14 a week ago?", here's the scoop.  

 Saturday the 11th at 3:14, I was just finishing up a fitness blender workout. It may just possibly be the case that work-related drama had me so cued up that I needed to do something strenuous and physical. Also, the New York Times gave a nudge about the importance of strength training for senior citizens, and while I’m not quite yet a senior citizen, that’s something I aspire to be, and want to get ready for that eventuality. It’s also true that none of my running buddies showed up in the morning, so I decided to spend 45 minutes with Daniel, doing a high intensity/strength workout.


I don’t have a yoga mat, but it turns out that the rug I braided from denim jeans works very well. I’ll probably someday make it a little bit longer so that when I do push-ups both my hands and my feet are on it: right now, because they both don’t fit, one end of me keeps sliding away on the rug while the other stays put on the floor, but aside from that the rug works great. Prewash kept me company and reminded me of the importance of stretching.


Inkling had a different kind of work story; while she was closing up the shop she got a phone call from somebody who turned out to be the the mother of the owner of the shop, who then proceeded to gush and to say thank you to Inkling for doing such a good job that her daughter (the owner) could actually take her first vacation in many years and leave the shop in such good hands. It's very nice to be appreciated!

And that's the news from our family, which continues to be wealthy in our adventures. May you and yours be similarly prosperous.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Update, somewhere in January

By now, I'm kind of losing track of which day is which . . . ironic, because of spending so much time on and off of train tracks.  So I&...