Tuesday, June 28, 2022

3:14, Research Administration (oooh, sexy!)

Tuesday and Wednesday (the 21st and 22nd) at 3:14, I was doing research administration. We have an awesome new person person on campus who is just a delight to work with. Both of these days I was working with this person. We're digging into grungy little details of background information, planning and plotting ways to try to make bureaucratic procedures a little bit less cumbersome for faculty who have to go through them, and for the various offices that need to be looped in on them.

There's evidence that we're succeeding. For example on Wednesday, it wasn't just the two of us: we also met with a faculty member who is threading their way through the pre-proposal maze. At the end of this, the faculty member thanked us both for making their life easier. Go figure, and yay!

This is a picture of me working in our new hire's office space. It's mostly incredibly deserted right now, so I feel like I get to do a service to them just by showing up and hanging out there, and it's nice that they agree!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Update, somewhere in January

By now, I'm kind of losing track of which day is which . . . ironic, because of spending so much time on and off of train tracks.  So I&...