Monday, June 20, 2022

3:14, on a walk with a friend

Monday June 13 at 3:14 I had left work early, and I went for a walk through the woods and around neighborhoods with a friend of mine from church that I hadn't seen, thanks to Covid, in a few years. It was really good to catch up with her, even if only briefly. The weather decided to give us a bit of extra challenge, and temps shot up to about 90 as we heaved our way up and down hills, slathered in sunscreen, wearing our shade hats, and carrying our water bottles.



Earlier in the day I had picked up Daniel Pink's book "When: The Scientific Secret of Perfect Timing". In the evening, I started reading it, and his basic thesis is that especially for people like me, I should do all my crucial work in the morning, basically give up in the middle of the afternoon, and then do some creative work in the evening. So it looks like I designed my day just right by taking a midday walk with my friend. Good to know I was on the right track, so to speak!


1 comment:

  1. That style of day sounds pretty similar to what I like! Most of my sewing happens in the evening, editing in the early morning.

    ReplyDelete

Update, somewhere in January

By now, I'm kind of losing track of which day is which . . . ironic, because of spending so much time on and off of train tracks.  So I&...