Saturday, February 12, 2022

This week in Enoughsville (and beyond), with a wall-mounted bicycle chandelier

Life here in Enoughsville continues to be rich and full, even though my fam is mostly very far away.  

Nelson, after his two Emergency Room adventures of last fall, has gotten kinda serious about taking care of himself, inside and out.   The taking-care of himself seems to be having tangible effects; he likes the way he looks, his glucose levels are back in the Not-So-Terrifying range, and he's having all sorts of good things happening inside his head, too.  He's been helping to coach a middle school basketball team.  We talked for about 10 minutes on the phone today before I got all phoned out, and that was fun.  He also texted this update:

Got to go to a Minnesota Timberwolf game today


OfSnough is off in Paris, which means Waterloo (he told me this morning), and the he sent me this cool pair of pictures, subject line "Red Baron Memorial":


. . . followed by the explanation, "He was shot down in Belgium."   So, . . . I guess my husband is in Pari-loo-gium.  Happy almost valentines' day, guy!  

And the rest of the fam chimes in:  


Inkling made crocheted flowers; Kindling carved and sanded 27 wooden disks, which Achild (dressed in her Cruella DeVille coat) painted for her classmates; and Gosling's dogs made a lovely pair.

Back here in Enoughsville, the heavy equipment across the street woke up after a week-long nap and made some rumbly noises one morning.  
The construction workers did some mysterious incantations over the new concrete pads that are scattered around what used to be a parking lot . . . 
. . . and then they all went away.  I have been spending my own week not so much thinking about noise as about dark and light.  I'm reading a book a friend gifted me -- Tish Harrison Warren's Prayer in the Night -- for one thing.  It is a lovely meditation and reflection and it gives me a chance to grieve the friend I'm missing, when I have time to think about missing him.  But also, the sunlight these days comes earlier, sticks around later, and has been so amazingly glorious.  Here is a picture of what it looked like when I arrived at work earlier this week.
I've taken down the Christmas lights at last, having left them up for my husband, who has appreciated having their soft glow.  Now that he's wandering around Pari-loo-gium and possibly Germaland or wherever, though, I packed up the Christmas lights and put up a cute lamp I'd made out of a bicycle wheel and a deconstructed chandelier.  So even the dark has a bit of light in it.  

And I guess that's enough for now from our family, which continues to be wealthy in our adventures.  May you and yours be similarly prosperous.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update, somewhere in January

By now, I'm kind of losing track of which day is which . . . ironic, because of spending so much time on and off of train tracks.  So I&...